IMPORTANT: These are the terms and conditions (“Terms”) on which we supply products to you, whether these are goods, services or digital content. By accepting these Terms you are entering into a legally binding contract.
If you do not agree to any part of these Terms, or if any content of Connect2Counsellors.com is prohibited in the territory where you currently reside, then please do not proceed or attempt to access Connect2Counsellors.com.
Headings do not form part of these terms and conditions and will not affect their interpretation.
In these terms and conditions, “you”, “your” or “members” refers to Education Counsellors, students and relevant third parties such as academic institutions and “we” or “us” refers to Connect2Counsellors Ltd. “Site” refers to www.Connect2Counsellors.com. Where terms and conditions are related to just Education Counsellors or Students or third parties we will make this clear.
The Connect2Counsellors.com site and associated mobile applications (“the Services”) are owned and operated wholly by us.
In respect of Connect2Counsellors.com, you should be aware that these terms apply equally irrespective of whether the products or services are accessed via a desktop browser, mobile browser, mobile phone, tablet device, or any other digital device.
Application of these Terms
These terms and conditions apply to all and any use of the site and Services, the purchase of any products and any postings, emails, messages and other communications made to or using the site or Services.
The site and Services are intended solely for the use of individuals listed as an Education Counsellor on our site or for students viewing our site seeking information on studying overseas.
If you are a business and you do not have prior authorisation from us you cannot access or use the site or Services for any purpose.
The site and Services are operated by Connect2Counsellors Limited, a company registered under the laws of England and Wales, whose company number is 9786350, registered address Bedford House, 79 Marine Parade, Brighton, UK, BN2 1AJ. You can contact us via email@example.com
User Age Warranty
The site and Services are intended for the use of adults aged 18 years or older who are interested in studying overseas and are looking for a professional Education Counsellor to guide them. Students under the age of 18 are allowed to view our site but interaction with Education Counsellors will only be permitted if accompanied by a parent.
Access to the Site and Services is provided on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend any or all features of the Services or site without notice.
Reasons we may suspend access for Education Counsellors listed on the site.
We may have to suspend access to the site or Services to:
– deal with technical problems or make minor technical changes;
– update the service to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements; or
– make changes to the Services as requested by you or notified by us to you.
– to investigate any claims of inappropriate use.
We will contact you in advance to tell you we will be suspending access unless the problem is urgent or an emergency.
Free to join and use.
The site is totally free to use for students. A fee may be charged by the Company to host the profiles of Education Counsellors.
Education Counsellor Password & Access to Content
Once an Education Counsellor has signed a Memorandum of Agreement they will be given a username and password to access the client and student database on the site.
You must not disclose your username or password to anyone. Anyone not employed by Connect2Counsellors Ltd asking you to produce your password is to be regarded as doing so for malevolent purposes.
You agree that you will not pass students contact details or other information to a third party without our prior permission.
You agree that you will not access Connect2Counsellors.com using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers) without our prior written permission.
Right for Education Counsellors to Delete their profile
At any time you can request that your profile is deleted from our site. No information on you will be retained by the Connect2Counsellors Ltd when you delete your profile unless it is for a temporary period and you have stated in writing that you will be rejoining which has been agreed by the company. All your personal data and face pic photo will be deleted permanently.
Third Party Promotion & Services
The site or Service may carry advertising from approved third parties or through Google Adsense. No liability or warranty is accepted by Connect2Counsellors Ltd for the suitability of the services or products provided by any third party advertising on the site.
The site will also promote services and products by approved third parties which Connect2Counsellors Ltd deems may be of interest to students. This promotion may involve direct emailing to any student you have entered on the database and who has given permission to be contacted.
No liability or warranty is accepted by Connect2Counsellors Ltd for the suitability of the services or products provided by such third parties.
Maintenance & Downtime
It will be necessary from time to time to maintain the website to ensure the smooth operation of the site and improve the Services and functions offered. This maintenance will be carried out at times when we in our absolute discretion believe the site is or will be less busy and for limited periods. You will be informed in advance of such maintenance periods. Unusual events outside the normal control of the company may also cause the site to be unavailable for short periods or to be unavailable in certain countries or territories which do not allow the promotion of another country’s education services. The company will not be held responsible under these circumstances.
What Connect2Counsellors.com is For
The site is designed to promote the counselling services offered by independent education counsellors who have the appropriate skills, knowledge and experience to guide students on studying overseas.
Education Counsellor Conduct When Using Connect2Counsellors.com
Education Counsellors must not at any time:
– post, send, email, store, upload, or link to any material or content that is or may be offensive, illegal, unlawful, sexually explicit or discriminate against any persons race, ethnicity, gender, disability, religion, beliefs, sexual orientation or any other preferences;
– interfere with another’s enjoyment of the site or Services;
– impersonate any person or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person;
– add false student details to the database;
– use the site or Services or student/client database for advertising goods or services without our written consent;
– upload to the site or Services or do anything that breaches these Terms;
– copy, modify, create a derivative work of, reverse engineer or assemble or otherwise abuse our rights in relation to any of our software;
– attempt to access any area of the site or Services for which you are not authorised or access our system without our written consent;
– do anything which materially affects (or may materially affect) the functionality of our site, Services or systems;
Education Counsellors will not modify, create derivative works of, decompile, or otherwise attempt to extract source code from us, unless you are expressly permitted to do so under an open source license, or we give you express written permission.
Your Warranties Regarding Uploaded Content
You warrant that any and all content you upload to the site or Services:
– is true, accurate and up-to-date (and you agree to maintain it as such at all times);
– is not defamatory, sexually explicit, illegal, unlawful, offensive or discriminatory in any way;
– has been processed by up-to-date virus-checking software and found to be free of any virus, worm, Trojan or other similar device or effect that alters or may alter the functioning of the site or Services or any computer system at any time;
– will not promote violence;
– will not promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
– will not infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person;
– will not be likely to deceive any person;
– is not uploaded in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
– will not promote any illegal activity;
– will not be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
– shall not harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
– shall not be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; and
– shall not give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to the site or Services constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to confidence or privacy.
We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any content posted by you or any other member of the site or Services.
We reserve the right to (without notice or justification in our absolute discretion but not so that we are obliged to exercise any right) to:
– take down or alter any material you upload to the site or Services;
– withdraw the site or Services in its entirety if required by law;
– read your messages to and from students/Education Counsellors and copy any such messages that may be evidence of breach (if we reasonably believe you have breached our terms and conditions)
In addition we reserve the right to withdraw the site or Services in its entirety on reasonable notice and in our absolute discretion.
Reporting Misuse of the Site or Services.
We ask for your help in maintaining the high standards of Connect2Counsellors.com by immediately notifying us of any material or communications that are in breach of these Terms or that are, or appear to be, malevolent or illegal.
Limitation of Liability
Access to and use of the site and Services is strictly for the purpose of education counselling and must not under any circumstance be used in a defamatory or derogatory manner.
We will have no liability to you for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage, loss of use or data, loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, loss of goodwill or business opportunity as a result of your use, misuse or lack of use of the site or Services, whether in an action in contract, negligence or other action, howsoever resulting from the access to and use of the site or Services and any reliance placed on the information and materials contained on it
We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors; for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; for breach of your statutory rights.
Exclusion of liability for linked websites.
Whilst we try to exercise reasonable care in the selection of websites to which we link, we do not control their content, format or availability. Therefore:
– we give no warranties, endorsements or recommendations in relation to any products or services mentioned or any statements contained in third party sites;
– we disclaim all responsibility for any content you encounter, or events which may occur once you have transferred out of this website and are not be liable to you or anyone for any damages or other losses of any type whatsoever incurred by visiting a linked site.
Exclusion of liability for content on Connect2Counsellors.com
You agree that whilst we take all reasonable measures to ensure the truth and accuracy of information on Connect2Counsellors.com, we are not responsible for any wrong or inaccurate information whether it is posted by us, you or an advertiser.
You are advised to independently verify such information before relying on it.
Exclusion of liability for viruses
Whilst we take all reasonable precautions to protect the site, Services and members against worms, viruses and other harmful material, before downloading or using any potentially harmful material to the site or Services, you are advised to ensure that your systems have up-to-date virus detecting software and have that software check the safety of any materials. Therefore, we do not accept responsibility for any defects, viruses or other harmful components that may be contained within any area of the site or Services.
You must not introduce to the site or Services any viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful.
You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the site, Services or server on which the site or Services is stored or any server, computer or database connected to them. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you may commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use the site or Services will immediately cease.
You agree to indemnify (reimbursing all liabilities, costs and expenses actually incurred) us against any and all costs, claims, liabilities or expenses arising out of breach of these Terms and to keep us so indemnified at all times.
Monitoring of Content
We reserve the right to amend or remove content without justification. In particular, we may do so if we feel in our own opinion the content is unsuitable, in violation of the law, contains political content or in any way breaches these Terms.
Browsers, Downtime & Right To Suspend
We support most of the popular web browsers currently in use. However, we cannot guarantee that the specific browser you use will be able to display the site or Services and all its features accurately.
We may occasionally have to perform necessary maintenance and/or upgrades to the site or Services. These specified time periods are referred to as “Scheduled Maintenance Windows”.
In the event of plans to suspend access or use of the site or Service during a Scheduled Maintenance Window, we will try to provide 24 hours notice to Education Counsellors in advance of the Scheduled Maintenance Window.
You must be aware that, at any time, we may perform emergency maintenance as needed to preserve the overall integrity of the services with no notice.
We nonetheless reserve the right to alter or suspend any service at any time without prior notification or explanation.
Intellectual Property Rights
All rights, including copyright and database rights, in the site and the content thereof are owned or controlled by us or are licensed by us.
We retain all copyright, database rights and other intellectual property rights in material contained on or in relation to the site and Services (to the exclusion of any face pic you may upload) and you may not copy, reproduce, download, republish, extract, broadcast, transmit, display, modify or re-use any of the materials on the site and Services for any other purpose.
By way of example and without limitation, you shall not:
– use any or all of the site or Services or the information contained therein for any purpose other than the permitted use set out above or hack, attempt to hack, distribute, modify, transmit, re-use, or re-post the same for any reason;
– provide hypertext links, URL Links, graphic links, hyperlinks or other direct connection to the site and Services for gain without our prior written permission;
– display, publish, copy, print, post, modify or otherwise use the site or Services and the information contained therein for the benefit of any third party or web site without our prior written consent;
– modify, post, distribute or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks or other proprietary information without having first received the express written permission of the owner of such information;
– process or otherwise use the information contained on or within the site or Services for any illegal or immoral purpose nor use or process the same unfairly; or
– remove or obscure any copyright notices and other proprietary notices contained on the site or Services.
– The site, Services and content therein are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved. Our status and that of any identified contributors as the authors of content on the site and Services must always be acknowledged.
If you print off, copy or download any part of the site or Services in breach of these Terms, your right to use the site and Services will immediately cease and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made.
Ownership of Trademarks
Any trade marks, logos, names, fonts and images displayed on the site or Services may be registered or unregistered rights. Except where expressly stated to the contrary, nothing on the site or Services confers any licence or right to use any trademark displayed without our prior written approval of the owner of the relevant trade mark.
Linking to Connect2Counsellors.com
You may link to any visible public page on the site or Services, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
Our site must not be contained within a frame on any other site. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. Your website should not contain content that, in our opinion, is distasteful, offensive or controversial, infringes the intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person or otherwise does not comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
If you wish to make any use of material on Connect2Counsellors.com other than that set out above, please address your request to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Termination of Use
Your use of the site or Services will automatically terminate without notice if you fail to comply with any of these Terms. On termination, you must cease all use of the site or Services.
We are entitled to investigate and revoke an Education Counsellor’s profile if they have misused the site or Service, or behaved in a way which could be regarded by us as inappropriate or whose conduct is unlawful or illegal or prohibited by these Terms.
You warrant that you shall not post any content or material to the site that (by way of example and without limitation, although specific exclusions may apply in relation to the Site in question):
– infringes upon the intellectual property rights of, or breaches any duty of confidence to, any third party;
– is technically harmful such as computer viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other malicious software or harmful data;
– reveals the identity or any personal details of any other user of the Service without that users permission;
– expresses or implies that any statements you make are made or endorsed by us;
– is patently offensive for example, promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
– harasses or advocates harassment of another person;
– involves the transmission of “junk mail”, “chain letters”, or unsolicited mass mailing or “spamming”;
– promotes information that you know is false, misleading or promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libellous;
– promotes an illegal or unauthorised copy of another person’s copyrighted work, such as providing pirated computer programs or links to them, providing information to circumvent manufacture-installed copy-protect devices, or providing pirated music or links to pirated music files;
– contains restricted or password only access pages, or hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from another accessible page);
– provides material that exploits people under the age of 18 in a derogatory, sexual or violent manner, or solicits personal information from anyone under 18;
– provides instructional information about illegal activities such as making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone’s privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses;
– solicits passwords or personally identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other users; and
– engages in commercial activities and/or sales without our prior written consent such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, and pyramid schemes, or
– uses the Service in a manner inconsistent with any and all applicable laws and regulations.
We may in addition terminate your access to the site and Services at any time if the company decides to cease trading.
We may in the future develop other associated websites to assist you or students interested in studying overseas.
Our Right to Amend These Terms
We may at any time revise these Terms by posting changes on the site or via the Services. The continued use of the site or Services after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of the modified terms.
These terms are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England. If any of the terms is held to be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision will be deemed severable and will not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining terms. You agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
If Connect2Counsellors Ltd starts to store data of individuals based in the UK it will ensure that it meets GDPR guidelines and are compliant.
b) You shall have no remedy in respect of any untrue statement made to you upon which you relied in entering into these Terms other than for any breach of our express obligations set out in these Terms.
c) These Terms do not create or infer any rights that are enforceable by any person who is not party to them.
d) You may not assign, sub-license or otherwise transfer any of your rights and obligations in these Terms to any other person.
e) If we decide not to exercise or enforce any right that we have against you at a particular time, then this does not prevent us from later deciding to exercise or enforce that right.
f) If any part of these Terms is found to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by a court or regulator, then, where required, that part shall be deleted from the Terms and the remaining parts of the Terms will continue to be enforceable.
g) These Terms, including their subject matter and formation, are governed by English law. You agree that the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute arising out of or in connection with these Terms.