Heriot-Watt University Dubai
- Rank: 29th in Sunday Times Ranking 2021
- Address: Dubai
- Country: United Arab Emirates
- International Office Contact name: Meenu Sharma Arshay Tandon Mohit Pharswan (Recruitment Manager)
- International Office Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (responsible for all campuses) A.Tandon@hw.ac.uk (main contact for applications) M.Pharswan@hw.ac.uk (recruitment manager)
- International Office Contact Telephone: +91 9311855118 (Mohit) +91 9321285638 +971 4 872 7000 (Admissions in UAE)
- Accommodation Office Contact Email:
- Accommodation Office Contact Phone:
- Tuition Fee Range: 58,000 - 136,000 AED (£11,600 - £27,200)
There are a variety of scholarships such as: Merit Scholarships (for good grades) Full Advance Fee Payment Discount Covid Relief Scholarship 8000 AED Have a read of the PDF sheet on fee scholarships and course list. if you cannot read it because it is a PDF file (converted from excel) please contact Luke who will email you a direct copy which will be easier to read.
- Additional Info:
Please watch the training video if you are not already familiar with HW Dubai, entry requirements, admission process, visas, employment etc
A copy of the zoom recording can be listened to by clicking the link below
INTRODUCTION TO HW DUBAI
HW Dubai has 4,400 students and a wide range of ug and pg courses.
Located in a brand new building to top level facilities.
Key Selling Points:
1. No English language requirement
2. Gaps in study allowed
3. No financial documents required to apply for a student visa
4. Students can work in Dubai part time and full time
5. PG Students can transfer to part time study when in Dubai and work full time
6. UG Students can transfer to the UK after foundation year, 1st year or second year.
7. 24 hours for a ug decision
8. 2 - 3 days for a pg decision
9. Dubai is tax free for any earnings
10. 25% automatic scholarship for Petroleum engineering students
11. 8 instalments for PT students, 4 instalments for FT students
Please refer to attached documents "Why HW Dubai" for further information Here is the zoom link to the latest C2C agent training recording held on 28 January 2022 Zoom Link (Passcode: W5%+WEHu)
HOW TO APPLY
Both UG and PG applications can be submitted online using the following log in and password
Select "Dubai" from the Location drop down menu
Important Information from HW: when filling in applications please put the student’s details (email and phone number), If you input your own email address it will interfere with your ability to login to the system. When you submit applications through the agent portal, it will automatically tag to your account; you will also receive notification emails when there is an update on the status of the application.
SUMMARY OF TRAINING INTRO HELD ON 6 JANUARY 23
- Applications for the January 23 intake are still open until 15th January 2023
- Decisions will be taken in 24 hours, maximum 48 hours
- Main contact person is Arshay Tandon A.Tandon@hw.ac.uk who handles applications and admissions
- Arshay can give pre-assessment advice on whether an applicant is likely to get a seat if you email him the student’s details
- Studying at the HW Dubai campus is 30% cheaper in tuition fees than HW UK
- The Dubai team can assist with all the visa counselling and support
- UG students can transfer to the UK campus at the end of 1,2 or 3 year and then qualify for the Graduate Route
- There is a foundation programme for UG students who do not meet the entry requirements. Would still need 50% in 12th std
- Estimated living costs for the year is US$ 3900 (in shared accommodation)
- PG students can work full time and study part time at the weekends. Average earnings are Rs 2.5/3 lakhs per month/£2500/3000
- There are UG scholarships for well qualified students up to 50%
- There are PG scholarships for well qualified students up to 15%
- Open school qualifications are accepted
- HND applicants can be considered for year 2
- 10+2+3 diploma holders can be considered for year 2
- There is a free PTE English test that students can do, lasts 50 minutes and is on line.
- There are students from African countries studying at HW Dubai. They are going to put C2C in touch with their Nigerian colleague called “Fiona”. They have student ambassadors from African countries who will be happy to communicate with our students.
- Open school qualifications from India will be considered on a case by case basis.
A LEVEL ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
- DEP Engineering- British GCE/IGCSE Five Cs (4s)
- ADEP Engineering -British GCE/IGCSE Three Bs + 2 Cs
- Commission(%): 15-17.5%
- Commission(Additional Information):
Degree entry programmes = 17.5%
All other UG and PG courses = 15%
5% Dubai VAT has to be deducted.
Payment will be made in AED
UK VAT does not need to be added.