Edinburgh Napier University
- Rank: 63/113 Sunday Times league table. 5* Teaching, No 1 Scottish University for Indian students
- Address: Edinburgh Napier University Sighthill Court Edinburgh EH11 4BN Regional Office in Hyderabad
- Country: United Kingdom
- International Office Contact name: Ashwini Kumar, Regional Director South Asia (Ex SOL) Priya (Ex SOL)
- International Office Contact Email: A.Kumar@napier.ac.uk email@example.com (Priya)
- International Office Contact Telephone: +91 91777 78900 (Ashwini), +91(0)40 42408800 (Office)
- Accommodation Office Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Accommodation Office Contact Phone: +91(0)40 42408800
- Tuition Fee Range: £15,490 - £16,875 (PG 2 Yrs courses £9000 - £10,095 per year)
There is a new South Asia EARLY BIRD Scholarship scheme introduced at Edinburgh Napier University which is replacing the merit scholarship scheme that was in place till now. Please find below the way this scholarship scheme works. South Asia scholarships will now be awarded based on this procedure.
September 2023 (message from the University)
Postgraduate courses are now open for September 2023 applications through our website. Due to the increased volume of applications, the selective admissions structure for postgraduate applications was introduced for January 2022 will remain in place. We will ensure any changes in closing or deposit dates will be communicated as quickly as possible. However, for now I have outlined the key dates below:
- The final deposit deadline for most courses will be 5pm on Friday 7th July.
- The CAS deadline will be 24th July.
The university reserves the right to change the deposit deadline subject to max number of deposits received for any individual programme. Therefore, we encourage any interested students to apply and pay their deposits as early as possible once an offer is received. Please note, some courses will have earlier deadlines which are still being confirmed.
For applications received by the 10th of October 2022, and a deposit of £3,500 paid before the 31st of October 2022, applicants will be eligible for an Early Bird scholarship of £2,000. Applications and deposits submitted after these dates will be eligible for a scholarship worth £1,000.
Please note; All scholarships are subject to availability. We have a limited number of awards, so not all eligible applicants will be successful in receiving a scholarship.
To be eligible for this award, you must be: living in India, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Nepal at the time of application self-funding your course holding an offer to study a bachelor or one year masters course in September 2022 or January 2023 For bachelor courses, you must also achieve the following academic requirements: 60% or above in the Higher Secondary School Certificate (HSC) or cumulative grade point average (CGPA) for top up student For masters courses, you must also achieve the following academic requirements in your most recent masters or bachelors course: bachelor degree or the latest eligible qualification with 60% or above Please note; If you have discounted tuition fees from a partner university, you are not eligible for this scholarship. All 2 year Masters programmes across the University are not eligible for this award.
The number of awards is limited and not all eligible applicants will receive a scholarship. Scholarships are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis to eligible applicants when we receive their £3,500 tuition fee deposit. There is no additional application process for this scholarship.
You can find the same on our website at https://www.napier.ac.uk/study-with-us/bursaries/south-asia-scholarship
- Additional Info:
CONTRACT COVERS RECRUITMENT FROM INDIA ONLY.
There are currently 700 Indian students studying at Napier.
HOW TO APPLY
Online and we must use the code C2CGBR001
Decisions are made for most courses in the Hyderabad office and take 3 - 4 days. It must be noted on the online application if the student has visited the UK before. If they have then the Hyderabad office cannot make the decision on entry.
- MBA Leadership Practice is a Fresh graduate course.
- MBA Strategic Programme Management requires work experience.
- MSc Pharmaceutical & Analytical Science only has a January intake.
- MSc Publishing is the only UK accredited degree of its kind in the UK.
- MSc Advanced Security & Digital Forensics is GCHQ (UK's intelligence and cyber agency) accredited which is very rare.
There is a mandatory IELTS test requirement for students completing their 12th from Punjab.
As of 19 Sept 22 Edinburgh Napier will no longer accept PTE test scores for applicants from Punjab, Haryana, Uttarakhand and Uttar Pradesh. Only IELTS scores when tested at IELTS test centers in these states will be accepted.
SEPTEMBER 2023 INTAKE
Message from Aswhini on 10 January about Sept 23 intake:
We have some updates WRT to admissions process for Sept 23 intake at ENU. Please go through them thoroughly and lodge the applications.
1. Deposit amount is increased to GBP 5000.
2. We are no more following the admissions process of processing applications on 'first in first out' for students obtaining minimum entry percentages. Instead, we are following 'select and offer to the best quality applicants we have in the first instance'.
3. For all the courses offered at the School of Applied Sciences, offers will be issued for students with 65% and above. Applications with less than that will not be processed in first instance. We cannot give any tentative time when they would be processed. We urge all of you to send applications with higher percentages to get the offers.
4. For the courses offered under other 4 schools like Business School, School of Creative Arts, School of Computing, Engineering Built Environment and the School of Health and Social Sciences, offers will be issued for students with 60% and above. Applications with less than that will not be processed in first instance. We cannot give any tentative time when they would be processed. We urge all of you to send applications with higher percentages to get the offers.
5. With very high volumes of applications for the intake, University has decided to issue offers to only those applicants those are eligible for Unconditional offers.
6. Offer letters issued would be valid for only 8 weeks for offer holders to pay the deposit. If the deposit is not paid during that period, the offer will be withdrawn. Make sure your students pay the deposit within 8 weeks of receiving the offer or if possible, even before that. Sometimes curses might get full as other students paying the deposits well before your students.
7. With CAPS set on most of the courses by the schools and the volumes of applications we are receiving, we might stop issuing offers on some of the courses with very high demand as early as end of Jan/Feb.
8. MSc HealthCare Management will need IELTS score of 6.5 with no band less than 6.0 Also we don't accept Pharmacy and Social Work students on this course.
9. We will not be considering and processing any UG/PG applications with more than 2 years gap after class 12 and degree from Punjab, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand. Please don't upload applications with gaps and dependents to accompany students. This same rule will be extended to other states if we find many applications with gaps and dependents.
10. It is mandatory from applicants from Punjab, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand to have IELTS. We will not consider PTE and class 12 English marks in respective state boards towards English requirements. In addition to IELTS score presented, students will be interviewed to check English proficiency and only on successfully clearing the interviews, CAS will be issued.
Mr Ashwini Kumar
Regional Director - South Asia
UPDATE ON SEPT 23 FROM ASHWINI 23 JANUARY
All Postgraduate courses running in September 2023 are open for applications through our website. There are a couple of courses that normally run in September that we wanted to highlight will unfortunately not be running this year. These are:
- MSc Business Management – not running in September 2023 OR January 2024
- MSc Business Management with Entrepreneurship – not running in September 2023 OR January 2024
- MSc International Business Management – not running in September 2023 but will run in January 2024
Due to the increased volume of applications, the selective admissions structure for postgraduate applications was introduced for January 2022 will remain in place and there will be an equal consideration deadline for all taught postgraduate courses of the 31st of March.
This means that all applications received by the 31st of March will be reviewed equally. However, after this date, courses that have received a high number of applications are likely to close. Particularly those with limited space such as courses in The Business School, Biosciences, Wildlife Biology, Healthcare Management and Computing with Professional Placement.
UCAS applications for our September 2023 intake are open and the deadline for this intake is 30th June 2023. As usual, applications to undergraduate courses are made through UCAS at www.ucas.com and we advise all interested applicants apply as soon as possible to ensure there is no delays due to application and visa processing times..
DEPOSITS FOR SEPTEMBER 23
The deposit amount for all international students is increasing. In line with many other universities across the UK, we will be increasing our deposit requirement from September 2023 onwards. The new amount for all applicants will be £5,000.
Those that paid their deposit for a previous intake and are deferring to September 2023 will not be required to pay an additional amount to secure their place. However, for anyone looking to pay a deposit from this point onwards, please ensure they are paying the correct amount.
The final deposit deadline for most courses will be 5pm on Friday 7th July. However, popular courses such as The Business School, Biosciences, Wildlife Biology, Healthcare Management and Computing with Professional Placement will be given an 8-week deposit deadline from the date of offer. Students will be notified of the specific deposit deadline for their course in their offer letter so please ask them to check this carefully.
The university reserves the right to change the deposit deadline subject to max number of deposits received for any individual programme. Therefore, we encourage any interested students to apply and pay their deposits as early as possible once an offer is received.
- Commission(%): 20%
- Commission(Additional Information):
Commission is for any UG or PG course nett of fee discounts or scholarships
For 2 year masters courses the commission is based on the total fee paid.
However this does not include the MFA (Master of Film Art)
10% will be paid for any pre-sessional english programme.
Invoices need to be submitted by 30 November or 31 March depending on the intake.